I've been in the online marketing arena for nearly a decade creating high converting landing pages and websites for various niches. Now that I've been laser focused in the real estate niche for several years I've noticed the lack of attention realtors give to online marketing in general, especially the optimization of their website.
Here are few tips any realotr who is serious about growing their commissions would be wise to consider:
Your website is your main hub for potential client, you need to stand out from the crowd and this is the first and easiest place to start. We are in a digital world and if you don't have a webiste or it's not optimized you are literally leaving tens of thousands of dollars on the table. If your firm doesn't give you much leverage on the design of your website, create your own and leave your comeptition in the dust. Make sure it stands out from the rest and has a clear and noticable call to action.
- A picture says a thousand words and even if it is someones first visit to your webiste having a professional picture of yourself will make the prospect feel like they know you better already.
- Google has spent tens of millions of dollars researching where peoples eyes scan when visiting a website, there data revealed that most peoples eyes will scan to the upper right of the screen upon first visiting the site. Make sure you have your strong call to action here. It's best to have your name, phone number and email. Make it easy to get in touch.
- Make sure your website is keyword targeted, YOU (not your brokerage) want to be in the top ten of Google searches. This will create authority and increase your brand.
- Make sure your website can capture leads. Everyone knows most people will not do business with someone upon first contact. Consider giving them something of value for exchange of their contact information either on a landing page before they can enter your site or on your main page. This helps increase the quality of prospects you will gain. Put your web address everywhere, in your email signature, your business cards, your Facebook page, your LinkedIn page (and not just in your contact info, remember make it easy for them to visit, you want it to be visible!)wherever you're putting yourself and business for people to see.
- Make sure you are posting valuable content on your site (have a blog tab) a few times a month for potential buyers and sellers to see. Show your expertise on your website, let them know you're the expert they're looking for.
- Have a strong automated follow-up system to stay in touch and nurture your prospects. People do business with those they know, like and trust. This is the perfect way to build on those 3 attributes. There are many avenues to go down with this that will increase your chances of landing the prospect.
- Testimonials! Testimonials! Testimonials! Show your potential prospects that you can help them before they decide to do business with you. Let them see others you have helped and always ask your present and past clients to do a little bragging for you and show it off on your website
Stand out from the crowd! And stop leaving money on the table.
If you'd like find out how I hep realtors grow their commissions predictably and consistently every month, message me and let's chat!